Post 1 has three outstanding Service Officers who provide FREE advice and assistance to any veteran (you do not have to join Post 1 to receive assistance). The Service Officers provide the following services:
- VA benefits counselling (including disability benefits)
- Employment referral
- Food pantry for veterans
- Other assistance to veterans where funds and resources are available
Service Officer hours can be found on the Contact Page.
No appointment needed, just show up and sign in. First come, first served.
If you are seeking VA disability counselling, if possible, bring the following information with you:
- DD Form 214 (Issued at separation)
- Service medical records (outpatient), dental records, entrance and separation examination reports
- Inpatient hospitalization records (private or military)
- Private outpatient medical records (if applicable)
- Personnel file
- Line of Duty (LOD) investigation reports
- Overseas or temporary duty (travel) orders
- ALL VA correspondence and prior claims