The American Legion Membership Eligibility – $42 per year
If you are currently on active duty, serving the United States honorably, anywhere in the world, or have served honorably during any of the following eligible war eras:
- April 6, 1917 to Nov. 11, 1918 (World War I)
- Dec. 7, 1941 to Dec. 31, 1946 (World War II)
- June 25, 1950 to Jan. 31, 1955 (Korean War)
- Feb. 28, 1961 to May 7, 1975 (Vietnam War)
- Aug. 24, 1982 to July 31, 1984 (Lebanon / Grenada)
- Dec. 20, 1989 to Jan. 31, 1990 (Panama)
- Aug. 2, 1990 to today (Gulf War / War On Terrorism)
Contact email@example.com for more information.
The American Legion Auxiliary Membership Eligibility – $25 per year
Women are eligible to join the Auxiliary if they meet the requirements to be an American Legion member, and/or they fall into one of the following categories:
- great granddaughter
- great grandmother
of an active duty servicemember or veteran who are/were eligible for American Legion membership. Step-relatives in the categories above, such as step-mother, step-sister, step-daughter, are also eligible.
The Sons of The American Legion Membership Eligibility – $25 per year
Males of all ages whose parents or grandparents (Men or Women) served in the U.S. military and are/were eligible for American Legion membership, including step-sons and step-grandsons, etc.