AMERICAN LEGION POST ONE BOASTS THE MOST DIVERSE MEMBERSHIP IN THE COUNTRY, WHERE ALL GENERATIONS OF VETERANS OF EVERY RACE, RELIGION, AND ORIENTATION ARE WELCOME.
MEMBERSHIP AT AMERICAN LEGION
If you have served Federal Active Duty in the United States Armed Forces during any of the war eras listed below and have been discharged honorably, or are still serving, you are eligible for membership in The American Legion.
- AUGUST 2, 1990 TO TODAY (PERSIAN GULF/ WAR ON TERRORISM)*
- DECEMBER 20, 1989 TO JANUARY 31, 1990 (OPERATION JUST CAUSE – PANAMA)
- AUGUST 24, 1982 TO JULY 31, 1984 (LEBANON/GRENADA)
- FEBRUARY 28, 1961 TO MAY 7, 1975 (VIETNAM)
- JUNE 25, 1950 TO JANUARY 31, 1955 (KOREA)
- DECEMBER 7, 1941 TO DECEMBER 31, 1946 (WORLD WAR II)
- APRIL 6, 1917 TO NOVEMBER 11, 1918 (WORLD WAR I)*Because eligibility dates remain open, all current members of the U.S. Armed Forces are eligible to join The American Legion at this time, until the date of the end of hostilities as determined by the government of the United States.
- U.S. Merchant Marine eligible only from December 7, 1941 to December 31, 1946 (WWII).
JOIN US TODAY!
The American Legion Membership Eligibility – $42 per year
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
The American Legion Auxiliary Membership Eligibility – $25 per year
Women are eligible to join the Auxiliary if they meet the requirements to be an American Legion member, and/or they fall into one of the following categories:
- great grandmother
of an active duty servicemember or veteran who are/were eligible for American Legion membership. Step-relatives in the categories above, such as step-mother, step-sister, step-daughter, are also eligible.
Contact email@example.com for more information.
The Sons of The American Legion Membership Eligibility – $25 per year
Males of all ages whose parents or grandparents (Men or Women) served in the U.S. military and are/were eligible for American Legion membership, including step-sons and step-grandsons, etc.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.